Do you run into problems with differences in retention of incident data in TOPdesk? Do different departments or groups have varying wishes as to how long their incident records are retained? Then this solution may be what you’re looking for.
Do you recognize this?
Departments such as Human Resources often store personal data, such as passport copies or personal requests for years. Some of that data is still relevant after years, but some isn’t. Similarly, the IT department would love to keep records on malfunctions. Application user questions can be outdated within months though. Finally, the facilities department wants all records to be removed after six months, no matter what.
This results in the wish to retain different types of data, for different periods of time. Using the Extended Anonymization feature, it’s possible to do just that.
About the Extended Anonymization service
This service includes:
- Easy configuration via TOPdesk Events. You decide when to remove incident data based on your own processes and use.
- Removal of the caller of the card. So no relation between the record and the original requester.
- Removal of all request fields, i.e. deletion of the original request text.
- Removal of all progress trail items (action field / reactions, attachments and emails).
- Removal of the (possible) sensitive data on the ‘general’ tab and ‘optional’ tabs 1 and 2.
- The management information of the call is kept, making sure that statistical analysis on the amount of work for each department is still possible.
The above features are all part of the service and will therefore all be executed when triggered by your TOPdesk Event(s), with a configurable exception of the removal of data on the optional tabs.