Creating value and insight through real-time data from a factory embedded source
Data is widely known as the fuel propelling insights. These insights can be used to optimize and automatize processes and ultimately save both time and money. With your newly discovered data, you can create automated processes for manual tasks – and use your time on other more value-creating tasks instead.
Echo is your new tool to gather all the data of your devices in TOPdesk – and we will help you utilize that data to elevate your business. Echo is factory embedded on all laptops, computers and Macs (DEP), and only needs to be activated. This means, that you can practically know anything you want about each device, and onboarding is easy and fast, and no one can uninstall it or otherwise remove it from your hardware. All data is accessible to you as soon as Echo is activated – and it is never deleted. You will have full visibility of the entire life cycle of each device, and it is always automatically updated in real-time.
Echo delivers valuable device attributes that you cannot find anywhere else (e.g. health state, security posture, battery health, warranty information), which can be used e.g. to optimize your stock/device forecasting and IT security level directly from TOPdesk.
With Echo you can analyze your data to accelerate insights and utilize the data to fit your specific needs. You can achieve your goals with the flexibility to manage and deploy applications and connect data and business processes on one integrated platform.
- Show valuable device attributes
- Get an overview specified on each end-user, OS version, geographic area or any other metric
- Ensure a baseline of applications/agents e.g. BitLocker, AntiMalware agents, SCCM and more
- Ensure that the baseline applications are on your chosen level e.g. that your OS is the newest version
- Integrates seemlessly with InTune & AirWatch and creates a single source of data based on all users’ devices
- Create tickets automatically when a device is out of compliance
- Setup alarms or reports on anything data-related
- Know everything you need about your endpoints if they have an internet connection – no need for connection with the company network
- Everything is updated in real-time and pushed directly into TOPdesk
- Save time in Helpdesk – we have examples of companies who saved 12 minutes off per case after getting Echo activated
- Compliance information for auditing and authorities
- Make easier processes for example when on- or offboarding employees
- Factory embedded for the entire device life cycle
“IT departments cannot do any better than they are allowed to by the system, and we have been very satisfied with Echo from NetCloud. It offers us a fantastic overview of e.g. what OS versions that are running on different units. Suddenly, you can see the Windows 1709’s hiding on laptops in drawers and fix them.
We also use Echo to check that security procedures like Bitlocker are actually running as they should on all units. This works very well for us. We even found a mistake in the way we asked for our SCCM based on Echo reporting an error and our SCCM reporting that everything was just fine.”
Kim Sørensen, Danish Chamber of Commerce
Examples of Echo events triggering Asset Actions
- User lifecycle
- Onboarding new user triggers device allocation from stock – or push for new device order
- Automatically add/update user-to-asset mapping when activated in Echo
- Offboarding user triggers device lock and “return-reminder” to local manager and helpdesk
- Device lifecycle
- Create/update asset in AMDB once detected & activated by Echo
- Trigger notification, ticket or email when chosen custom states occur
- Trace replacement state when replacing hardware with active users
- Offboard and decommission asset in AMDB when Echo runs deactivation and registers broker confirmation
- Continuous stock state for device, based on last event, utilization, replacement status or custom integration (ITSM/QR scanner etc.)
- Device telemetry, supporting Service Operation and Predictive Maintenance
- Baseline health state
- Battery state, Warranty state, OS health, baseline software, drive predictive failure, No. bluescreens the last 30 days, etc.
- Device utilization
- Device inactive for XY days
- Device changing use state (single/multi-user)
- Baseline health state