The BI ISM Management Dashboard shows up-to-date information about the performance of your organization. It offers a practical steering tool to motivate your teams and to adjust service levels and processes. KPIs, performance and improvement actions all come together in the dashboard.
The primary task of leaders is facilitating professionals so that they can deliver services. Up-to-date and accurate information must be available to enable goal-oriented management. The BI ISM Management Dashboard uniquely connects objectives, KPIs, working methods, team performance and improvement actions.
The ISM dashboard supports several objectives
- Behavioral influencing
The dashboard 1st objective is stimulating the desired behavior by giving direct positive reinforcement (OBM). In our experience leaders and professionals struggle or maintain working in a goal-oriented way when they don’t have any insight in the effect of their working methods. This is even more true when a leader or professional is asked to adopt new behavior. The result is that the desired behavior is no longer exhibited after a while. A precondition to stimulate desired behaviour is providing recognizable feedback on the performance related to the behaviour in question. The dashboard stimulates structural behaviour change.
- Improving registration
The second objective is to improve correct registration of relevant data. Professionals experience a high administrative registration obligation and pressure but fail to see anything relevant happening with that data. Therefore, completeness and accuracy of registration often is inaccurate. Structural showing and discussion of the results in the dashboard (part of the ISM control model), shows that the quality of registered data receives attention. This means that correct registration is rewarded and influences control choices, making registration relevant. This leads to “spontaneous” improvement of registration.
- Result-oriented management
The 3rd objective of the dashboard is to provide management information, to be able to steer result-oriented and data-driven by the Management Team, team leaders and process management. The ISM dashboard is in line with the basic IT processes that are running in every IT-organization, providing up-to-date insight in result areas that are relevant to them. Organizations that consider user satisfaction or compliance important cannot comply only having results of an annual survey held months ago.
- Uniform working method
The 4th objective of the dashboard is to stimulate a uniform working method throughout the entire IT department. The ISM dashboard shows current and trend-based information to the various stakeholders, derived from one set of data sources.
To meet these objectives, we have designed our dashboard in such a way that:
- It provides current and trend-based insight into the consequences of the actions of leaders and professionals. As a result, professionals and leaders are rewarded for their efforts, continuing to better apply desired behavior
- The information presented can be traced back to the actual registration data, meaning the willingness to register properly increases
- The presented information provides output and outcome insights, making it easier to switch from technical to service-oriented service provisioning
- Various stakeholders have easy access to relevant information.
The ISM management dashboard offers the following benefits:
- Reuse of existing data
- Stimulates better registration
- Connect to the existing process-based working method
- Supports the result and service-oriented management
- Stimulates behavioral change of professionals and leaders
- Suitable for use in MT and department meetings to dynamically discuss results and objectives
- Provides relevant information to a large number of different stakeholders
- Is used by a rapidly growing number of organizations. Therefore, ideas and updates become available quickly, usually at no extra cost
- Uses standard technology, eliminating technical dependency
- Supports implementing and applying the ISM governance model to enable data-driven results-oriented IT services
- Does not require internal BI expertise and is not dependent on it for development (in practice, this internal expertise is often used to support the primary processes, causing BI dashboards for IT support to become available slowly).
The extent to which the above benefits also occur partly depends on the way in which data is recorded and made accessible by the user.
You would like to know more or have a (live) demo? Please follow this link and fill out the form for a 1-on-1 presentation and we will contact you ASAP.